You’ve adopted your new love, your sweet kitty. You’ve picked up a few toys, some food, and a litter box… but you want to keep your cat more than just happy you want to keep him healthy. What can you do to do that?
- Stay aware of your cat’s water intake. A normal cat’s water comes from their diet. A cat living outside or in the wild will eat mostly live prey, with water levels around 70%. If your cat at home is eating a diet of mostly dry food they’ll need more water. However, if your cat is eating mostly wet food they’ll need less water. If you notice your cat is drinking more water than normal, it’s time to get them checked out by a vet. No matter how much your best furry friend is drinking, you’ll want to remember to change the water regularly.
- Use the right kind of litter for your fluffy friend. Cat Incredible kitty litter creates an environment that is low in ammonia. Ammonia can cause serious breathing problems in your cat before you can even smell the levels of ammonia in the litter box.
- Brush your cat regularly. Brushing your cat daily will keep hairballs out of your kitty’s digestive track. If you’re having a hard time getting your cat to cooperate, make brushing something they associate with happiness. Brushing before feeding can create a calm and positive spin on something most cats aren’t known to love.
- Spay or neuter your cat. Not only are hundreds of thousands of cats euthanized every year because of overpopulation of shelters, but this can decrease their risk of cancer in many cats and that alone is reason enough to make an appointment today.
- Keep an eye on their paws. There are many things to watch when it comes to the paws on your purring best friend. It’s important to keep the fur between their paw pads trimmed, keep them cleaned off, and be aware of the extreme surfaces (such as frozen sidewalks, or hot metals) that your kitty walks on. If your cat does spend time outdoors it may be useful to keep their paws moisturized to avoid cracking and drying out.
We know that you want to keep your new pet healthy – and these tips will help your cat live it’s best, and healthiest life.
Independent Consultant – Perfectly Posh
Take some time to pamper yourself – alenachandler.po.sh