You are in the market to purchase a new little pup but you are lost on what breed to get, are we right? If so you have come to the right place. When purchasing a new little furry friend a lot of factors fall into place. Whether you have small children and you don’t want an aggressive breed. Or you live in a small apartment and you want an inside pup. Whatever the factors are, we researched the top 10 dog breeds in America. Scroll down to find the best breed for you.
- Labrador Retriever– Coming in at America’s top dog breed for the 25th year in a row, Labs are loved by many. Chocolate, black and yellow, Labs got it all.
- German Shepherd- This is a popular breed among the police force and military. German Shepherds are extremely smart, strong and will be your best friend for days to come.
- Golden Retrievers- The goofiest, friendliest and most energetic breed. Perfect to keep up with the little ones and great with the whole family.
- Bulldogs- These wrinkly little pups are calm and truly one of a kind. Perfect for an inside pup.
- Beagle– Gentle and sweet, this breed comes in at number 5 on our list. A little fun fact about Beagles is that they were originally bred as hunting dogs so digging and howling are their specialty
- French Bulldog- Despite their somber looking snouts, this breed is quite the character. Funny and loyal, this breed makes for a great pal.
- Yorkshire Terrier- Have you ever heard the phrase “small dog syndrome?” Well this breeds fits this perfectly. Besides being a little feisty, these animals are super cuddly and extremely lovable. Most popular breed for anyone in the market for small dogs.
- Poodle- Poodles are extremely smart and attentive pups. Their unique coat makes them one of a kind.
- Rottweiler- Another popular breed among the police force and military. Ranking in at number 9, Rottweilers are extremely smart and loyal. They can be aggressive when told to be so.
- Boxer- Making our list at number 10, Boxers have an energetic and goofy personality. Be sure to be on your toes with this little pup.
Hopefully, we helped relieve the stress from picking your breed of your furry friend. Whatever the breed you pick, you have just chosen a best friend for life and over here at Lucy Pet, that’s a good day.